Skip to main content

The Happiness !!!

I got overwhelmed to find what is the meaning of happiness when I walked through the Pub street of Eindhoven in Nederlands at 12:00 clock Saturday Midnight. People... People Everywhere... Sound of Disco drums in your ear buds... Puffs of Cigarettes fly around... Smell of fermented wine and Beer invades Nostrils... Under the shades of New Moon and Darkness colorful lights of Dance bars wheels around... Girls and Boys... Ladies and Gentleman... Grandmas and Grandpas... (sparing kids and minors) Dressed exposingly blatantly people walk around... Its so crowded... And then came the obscuring sight... In the pub street at the Centrum stands the magnificent jaw dropping church of 18 th century... A golden Cross sits at its top... Its majestic brick towers shines in moonlight... And the weirdest scenery is the big group of drunken people dancing on the courtyards of church... Its vulgar or normal... I cant tell...They are boozed and drugged (Drugs are legal in many cities of Nederlands)... They are happy ... very happy... I can see bliss in their face...! But I cannot stand there not for a minute... I felt insecure... I looked the people as they are Aliens.. And now I felt like I am standing like an Alien in front of them.. My fingers did a symbolic cross and bowed to Jesus... While my mouth murmured "Oh my god Sri Raghavendra"... I started walking swiftly out of the place... When I reached the crowds of narrow Pub street I am jogging... also feeling claustrophobic started running... thinking now...Its their current culture... I just got a culture shock again... Last vivid memory is my initial college days ... I stopped and stood at the stream of Dommel bridge controlling what its all about ... (Unfortunately I quit smoking, if not these kind of intense moments will be quite good to be accompanied by a puff of Nicotine) The life I see is definitely not new.. Differentiating thing is the large scale practice, gender agnosticism, environment of religious relic in front and feeling of Alienism ... Yes people are happy.. But I am not... Let them be like that and I am going to be a conservative... cultures differ and culture differ... Its their life and mine is different... I am not a religious preacher hence I am not a judge... They may be right...Or we may be right...both may be...Only the silent spectator Christ knows what is what...
Tail Piece: The next day I inquired with some of my Dutch friends whether they go to Pub streets or used to go... Most told they wont go. They also told most of the people wont go there ever Or quit after some time in their life (as they become family oriented guys) ... Might not pubs but social drinking is common... Anyway its consoling for me. It consolidates my premise that although cultures differ vastly they have an underlying value system which meets at some distant points ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is no God. But still I Pray...

1. Who is God? Simple. God is an imaginary and cultural entity! No God in the world sprang up suddenly. There is a real story behind every God. Believe it or not...Gods too evolved and progressed, influenced each other... Story of religions is a simple example. For that I need to elaborate about the Gods of West and later East. The concept of "prophet" and "son of God" is an example. Judaism is one of the oldest of all religions. It is the first to introduce the concept of prophet/son of God. Moses liberated Jewish slaves from the clutches of Egyptian Imperialism. It is believed that he received ten commandments from God and he is a blessed one. And the concept of prophet/son of God starts here. Great culture of Egypt believed in multiple Gods, it is no wonder that their slaves believed in one God and expected a liberator an exact opposite to their master's belief. Now large number of Jews live around the world. Israel is a Jewish nation. Their important book

Shame to be a man

I have been always proud of being a man. I used to believe that as a man I am mentally and physically strong. I always had a strong male ego. I used to have the same mentality towards women like everybody used to have from my part of world. As everybody I was brought up in a way that made me believe that as a man I am above women. The flawed society in various forms like mass media "cinema" reinforced the concept again & again. Like most of the men I saw them inferior, sex icons, weak, dependent, less-intelligent...etc., etc ., The moment of realisation... I always proud of being a man till that very moment of realisation struck in my mind. This stuff is personal, but not really a personal one. Here is that very moment... My wife was carrying a baby baby. One night she told that baby is kicking... It is the first time she is feeling it so strong...I laid my hands on her stomach to feel the baby...my baby hit my hands...he was moving & shaking inside...I felt like cry

குழந்தைகளின் புன்னகை பூ....

[I dedicate all these below poems to my kutty papa Jagan. He started smiling at people's faces! ] தமக்கு தாமே பேசி சிரித்து கொள்கின்றன குழந்தைகள் .... தன்னை தானே படைத்துக் கொண்ட இந்த பிரபஞ்சம் போல ... " "நெருங்கிப் பழகிய நட்புகளையும் நீண்ட நாள் சொந்தங்களையும் சந்தேகத்தில் வைத்து விடுகிறது வாழ்க்கை .... குழந்தைகளோ அந்நியமான முகங்களையும் பார்த்துச் சிரிக்கின்றன... " "காரணம் சொன்னார்கள்... கனவில் தெய்வங்கள் வந்து ஆசிர்வதிக்கும் பொழுது குழந்தைகள் தூக்கத்தில் சிரிக்குமாம்... ... குழந்தைகளை தெய்வங்கள் ஆசிர்வதிக்கின்றனவா அல்லது தெய்வங்களை குழந்தைகள் ஆசிர்வதிக்கின்றனவா?!"                                                           - ராஜேஸ்  (Children talk to themselves; And play with themselves; like this universe; which created itself; from void by a bing bang) (Life makes us doubt; close relatives and dear friends; but children keep smiling at even strangers) (Are babies blessed by Gods Or; babies by blessing bless Gods)