Skip to main content

I bless you with more and more envy & jealousiness

Before I bless you with Envy and Jealousy. I will give their definitions first. "Envy" is an emotion that occurs when a person lacks another's (perceived) superior quality, achievement, or possession and either desires it or wishes that the other lacked it. "Jealousy" is the fear of losing something that one possesses to another person. We are in a period of transition culturally, economically and socially. Effect of privatization in India led to culmination of service sectors like software field. Growth is yet one sided like richer getting richer while poorer still poorer. But there is plenty of opportunities to everybody today than 1970's. More people are getting in to middle and upper middle class now. A lot is getting richer. But If we measure the happiness they have we can find how poorer they are. In this modern city based life and life-style which is wholly materialistic the thing that is lagging behind is the spiritual aspect. Envy and jealousy is becoming part of modern minds sub-consciously. Which means modern minds are not really modern! You want to beat your friend, relative and peer in every aspect. You envy them. You want to buy a bigger house than anybody. You ought to have a bigger job than anybody. You grow because you feel envy about your friend receiving bigger salary. You buy bigger house and prove to others that you are richer than them.
You grow not because of your inner search that leads you to greatest heights. You grow because you are grudge and jealous about others. From my heart I bless you all to grow further and further. But the irony is it means that "I bless you with more and more envy & jealousiness "

Comments

Umesh Sakolkar said…
Modernization is based on western concept "survival of the fittest" which promotes dualism and supriority. Pre-modernization in india was "Vasudaiva Kutumbakam" which had sacrifice in it for our co-workers/people and the relativity in dualism was less.

Also our goals of life is very limited now a days and same time we restrict ourselves in learning and knowledge. lack of knowledge will leads to lack in thinking. We need to increase the level of thinking and practice to wards "world as one family" and not "world is one market". This may will lead to multidiamentional aspect in practice but there is no shortcut to re-establish it.

Popular posts from this blog

There is no God. But still I Pray...

1. Who is God? Simple. God is an imaginary and cultural entity! No God in the world sprang up suddenly. There is a real story behind every God. Believe it or not...Gods too evolved and progressed, influenced each other... Story of religions is a simple example. For that I need to elaborate about the Gods of West and later East. The concept of "prophet" and "son of God" is an example. Judaism is one of the oldest of all religions. It is the first to introduce the concept of prophet/son of God. Moses liberated Jewish slaves from the clutches of Egyptian Imperialism. It is believed that he received ten commandments from God and he is a blessed one. And the concept of prophet/son of God starts here. Great culture of Egypt believed in multiple Gods, it is no wonder that their slaves believed in one God and expected a liberator an exact opposite to their master's belief. Now large number of Jews live around the world. Israel is a Jewish nation. Their important book

Shame to be a man

I have been always proud of being a man. I used to believe that as a man I am mentally and physically strong. I always had a strong male ego. I used to have the same mentality towards women like everybody used to have from my part of world. As everybody I was brought up in a way that made me believe that as a man I am above women. The flawed society in various forms like mass media "cinema" reinforced the concept again & again. Like most of the men I saw them inferior, sex icons, weak, dependent, less-intelligent...etc., etc ., The moment of realisation... I always proud of being a man till that very moment of realisation struck in my mind. This stuff is personal, but not really a personal one. Here is that very moment... My wife was carrying a baby baby. One night she told that baby is kicking... It is the first time she is feeling it so strong...I laid my hands on her stomach to feel the baby...my baby hit my hands...he was moving & shaking inside...I felt like cry

குழந்தைகளின் புன்னகை பூ....

[I dedicate all these below poems to my kutty papa Jagan. He started smiling at people's faces! ] தமக்கு தாமே பேசி சிரித்து கொள்கின்றன குழந்தைகள் .... தன்னை தானே படைத்துக் கொண்ட இந்த பிரபஞ்சம் போல ... " "நெருங்கிப் பழகிய நட்புகளையும் நீண்ட நாள் சொந்தங்களையும் சந்தேகத்தில் வைத்து விடுகிறது வாழ்க்கை .... குழந்தைகளோ அந்நியமான முகங்களையும் பார்த்துச் சிரிக்கின்றன... " "காரணம் சொன்னார்கள்... கனவில் தெய்வங்கள் வந்து ஆசிர்வதிக்கும் பொழுது குழந்தைகள் தூக்கத்தில் சிரிக்குமாம்... ... குழந்தைகளை தெய்வங்கள் ஆசிர்வதிக்கின்றனவா அல்லது தெய்வங்களை குழந்தைகள் ஆசிர்வதிக்கின்றனவா?!"                                                           - ராஜேஸ்  (Children talk to themselves; And play with themselves; like this universe; which created itself; from void by a bing bang) (Life makes us doubt; close relatives and dear friends; but children keep smiling at even strangers) (Are babies blessed by Gods Or; babies by blessing bless Gods)