Skip to main content

Shame to be a man

I have been always proud of being a man. I used to believe that as a man I am mentally and physically strong. I always had a strong male ego. I used to have the same mentality towards women like everybody used to have from my part of world. As everybody I was brought up in a way that made me believe that as a man I am above women. The flawed society in various forms like mass media "cinema" reinforced the concept again & again. Like most of the men I saw them inferior, sex icons, weak, dependent, less-intelligent...etc., etc.,
The moment of realisation...
I always proud of being a man till that very moment of realisation struck in my mind. This stuff is personal, but not really a personal one. Here is that very moment... My wife was carrying a baby baby. One night she told that baby is kicking... It is the first time she is feeling it so strong...I laid my hands on her stomach to feel the baby...my baby hit my hands...he was moving & shaking inside...I felt like crying... I told my wife foolishly...Pass him to my stomach ... I will carry him... And at the very same moment, I realised that as a man I am nothing... I cannot biologically carry a baby...
Man and motherhood....
As a man I am an empty vessel... and every man is.... Women are full... Biologically and emotionally... Men don't have an biological ability to carry a baby for ten months, give birth and feed but they think them as superior creatures. Every man is carried for 10 months by a women, fed and brought up by her; I declare all man are nothing before the greatness of motherhood. But every man thinks that he is superior than women. It is so weird but it is a crude reality. And in most backward societies in India or in Arab world this is the ugliest shame. Till now lots of women suffer & die because of dowry, sexual abuse, backward sharia laws, etc., etc.,
How women are enslaved?
It is a very simple reason. It is nothing but their 'Mother hood'. To understand this, we need to go back to very old ages. When humans evolved from their monkey ancestors, they formed primitive cave societies. Once these societies become established the men become hunters and gatherers while women become care-takers. This natural transition happened because women cannot hunt most of the times because they will be carrying or feeding babies most of the time! This is when the men alone started to take hunting, gathering decisions and slowly societal decisions. The women lost power ultimately. This division became a cultural continuity. Even in this modern age where there is no hunting or gathering, because of this cultural prolongivity the societies are treating men and women unequal.
How the organised religion maintained backwardness?
Religion has important role in keeping the societies backward. Various sacred books of various religions are considered as universal and followed vehemently. But if without any bias if they are read & researched we could easily see the cultural prejudices which is against women. Religion is based on beliefs and rituals that is passed generation by generation. All this sacred texts, rituals & beliefs has strong cultural elements and withhold to old practices promoting and aggravating this backwardness.
Violence on women...
The theoretical concept of female inferiority and male superiority inculcated in minds flares up and ends as abuse, violence, rape, suicide, victimisation, dowry problems, eve teasing and numerous forms of oppression. Men historically suppressed & oppressed women domestically and also in society. Religion, culture, sub-culture, family structure everything has the backward components by using which all kind of abuses are done on women.
Shame to be a man...
When I turn back and see how proudly I thought about my manhood and badly on women during my childhood and teenage...I really feel shame for being a man. When I see any violence on women told in mass media...I really feel shame for being a man. When viewing cinemas promoting male psych ridiculing women liberation...I really feel shame for being a man... When I think that women has the ability to carry, feed and grow a baby, while man does not have any of the biological ability to do this...I really feel shame for being a man...
What I am proud of...
Although came late, I am proud of the my realisation men, women or eunuchs everybody are equal... I am proud of my realisation everybody should be due respected, should be treated equal and should be given rights. I am proud of my realisation if the freedom given to women breaks religion, culture or even family structure it is welcome... As a man who realised all these things...at last I am proud of being a man... !!!

Comments

Siva S said…
Very much true. Cinema, from our part of the world always characterize women as promotional medium or someone who proves the manhood of the hero. Unfortunately, we follow them blindly and so is most people. If you ask me, being loved by a woman is the greatest gift an man will achieve during his lifetime.
Rajesh said…
Well said Siva...!!!

Popular posts from this blog

There is no God. But still I Pray...

1. Who is God? Simple. God is an imaginary and cultural entity! No God in the world sprang up suddenly. There is a real story behind every God. Believe it or not...Gods too evolved and progressed, influenced each other... Story of religions is a simple example. For that I need to elaborate about the Gods of West and later East. The concept of "prophet" and "son of God" is an example. Judaism is one of the oldest of all religions. It is the first to introduce the concept of prophet/son of God. Moses liberated Jewish slaves from the clutches of Egyptian Imperialism. It is believed that he received ten commandments from God and he is a blessed one. And the concept of prophet/son of God starts here. Great culture of Egypt believed in multiple Gods, it is no wonder that their slaves believed in one God and expected a liberator an exact opposite to their master's belief. Now large number of Jews live around the world. Israel is a Jewish nation. Their important book

குழந்தைகளின் புன்னகை பூ....

[I dedicate all these below poems to my kutty papa Jagan. He started smiling at people's faces! ] தமக்கு தாமே பேசி சிரித்து கொள்கின்றன குழந்தைகள் .... தன்னை தானே படைத்துக் கொண்ட இந்த பிரபஞ்சம் போல ... " "நெருங்கிப் பழகிய நட்புகளையும் நீண்ட நாள் சொந்தங்களையும் சந்தேகத்தில் வைத்து விடுகிறது வாழ்க்கை .... குழந்தைகளோ அந்நியமான முகங்களையும் பார்த்துச் சிரிக்கின்றன... " "காரணம் சொன்னார்கள்... கனவில் தெய்வங்கள் வந்து ஆசிர்வதிக்கும் பொழுது குழந்தைகள் தூக்கத்தில் சிரிக்குமாம்... ... குழந்தைகளை தெய்வங்கள் ஆசிர்வதிக்கின்றனவா அல்லது தெய்வங்களை குழந்தைகள் ஆசிர்வதிக்கின்றனவா?!"                                                           - ராஜேஸ்  (Children talk to themselves; And play with themselves; like this universe; which created itself; from void by a bing bang) (Life makes us doubt; close relatives and dear friends; but children keep smiling at even strangers) (Are babies blessed by Gods Or; babies by blessing bless Gods)