Skip to main content

There is no God. But still I Pray...

1. Who is God?
Simple. God is an imaginary and cultural entity!
No God in the world sprang up suddenly. There is a real story behind every God. Believe it or not...Gods too evolved and progressed, influenced each other... Story of religions is a simple example. For that I need to elaborate about the Gods of West and later East. The concept of "prophet" and "son of God" is an example. Judaism is one of the oldest of all religions. It is the first to introduce the concept of prophet/son of God. Moses liberated Jewish slaves from the clutches of Egyptian Imperialism. It is believed that he received ten commandments from God and he is a blessed one. And the concept of prophet/son of God starts here. Great culture of Egypt believed in multiple Gods, it is no wonder that their slaves believed in one God and expected a liberator an exact opposite to their master's belief. Now large number of Jews live around the world. Israel is a Jewish nation. Their important book is "Tanakh". Tanakh is nothing but the "old testament" of Christian Bible. Jesus is himself a Jew. And the old testament is part of christian Bible. Jews and other people who believed in Jesus as the son of God became Christians. And here is the remaining part of the story. The Mohammad nabi came after the era of Jesus. Historically in Medina there is lots of Jewish and Christian clans living with Pagan Arabs. He is very much influenced by the Judaism and Christianity. Jesus is also a nabi in Islam. Mohammad nabi says that Jesus is a very revered important nabi (prophet) in Islam. Moses is also an important nabi. Concept of son of God has became prophet in Islam. Kuran says that there is only one single God and it is the same God on whom Christians and Jews pray upon.

In Eastern world there is multiple Gods...Like Egyptians here there is Hindus who believe in multiple Gods. Like a Moses here is our Mahavira of Jainism who opened a separate path out and founded Jainism. It is the first differ strikingly from Hinduism on concept of God. Jainism says there is no all mighty powerful creator or destroyer God. It says enlightened people reach the state of Godliness and became Gods. Buddhism came later to Jainism and it also has no supreme creator God. According to Buddha there is no God. This is known as Sunyavata or emptiness. There was numerous religions in India which are gradually annihilated or assimilated by Brahminic Hinduism. The ones that can successfully resisted is Jainism and Buddhism. Very young religion of India is Sikhism which born out of marriage between Hinduism and Islam.
2. What is God to me?
Simple. He is the one to whom I pray!
My God is same as Atheist's God. He is same as what Karl Marx says. He is also only one single God, he is not a man or women. He is the same as Koranic God. He is not a omnipotent creator/destroyer God. He is same as Jainism says. He is also a 'no-God' God as Buddhism says. He may be The Krishna or Vishnu I used to worship or Aham-Brahmasmi. He may be the same God Abraham/Ibrahim refers to. He is the same Azura Mazda that Zoroastrians worship. He is the same Pantheons of Ancient Egypt. He is same as primitive Mayan God. He is the same non existent God Periyar and Atheists talks about. He can be 'She' or 'He-She' or 'She-He'.
I pray when I am in Joy... I pray when I am in a hopeless situation... I pray just for praying too... There may be or may not be a God. It is of no importance to me. But whenever I need him... I pray...Because he is "My God"!

Comments

Umesh Sakolkar said…
God is not god, mother is not mother, father is not father, world is not world, self is not self, Vedas are not verdas, eyes are not eyes, sound is not sound - this is the state of the realized soul as per veda. This state can be possible to the person who achieved the realization of god himself. Again this state is realized by birth for only few like shankara, madva or ramanuja or later in life by vivekananda. To achive this again we need same veda, mother, father, eyes, earth etc. this looks very frightening but these makes sense when we keep on study and practice the vedic way of life, which is an effort to rejinuation.
Rajesh said…
I completely don't agree with you... But really I don't want to offend your religious beliefs...personally I like people practicing religion...and I talk religion with my old relatives...the thing is, we need to be able to dissect reality from imaginary... for example if legend says ravana had 1000 heads ..we know it is simply not possible...imaginary... same way vedic way of life is not possible... because vedic way of life is a primitive agricultural culture... thats why cow is sacred... u know why every part of cow is useful... because it is highly & efficiently domesticated animal... Do you know there was Hindus who very very very strongly opposed on Vedic authority ? If you dont know read Siddas poems...

Popular posts from this blog

Shame to be a man

I have been always proud of being a man. I used to believe that as a man I am mentally and physically strong. I always had a strong male ego. I used to have the same mentality towards women like everybody used to have from my part of world. As everybody I was brought up in a way that made me believe that as a man I am above women. The flawed society in various forms like mass media "cinema" reinforced the concept again & again. Like most of the men I saw them inferior, sex icons, weak, dependent, less-intelligent...etc., etc ., The moment of realisation... I always proud of being a man till that very moment of realisation struck in my mind. This stuff is personal, but not really a personal one. Here is that very moment... My wife was carrying a baby baby. One night she told that baby is kicking... It is the first time she is feeling it so strong...I laid my hands on her stomach to feel the baby...my baby hit my hands...he was moving & shaking inside...I felt like cry

குழந்தைகளின் புன்னகை பூ....

[I dedicate all these below poems to my kutty papa Jagan. He started smiling at people's faces! ] தமக்கு தாமே பேசி சிரித்து கொள்கின்றன குழந்தைகள் .... தன்னை தானே படைத்துக் கொண்ட இந்த பிரபஞ்சம் போல ... " "நெருங்கிப் பழகிய நட்புகளையும் நீண்ட நாள் சொந்தங்களையும் சந்தேகத்தில் வைத்து விடுகிறது வாழ்க்கை .... குழந்தைகளோ அந்நியமான முகங்களையும் பார்த்துச் சிரிக்கின்றன... " "காரணம் சொன்னார்கள்... கனவில் தெய்வங்கள் வந்து ஆசிர்வதிக்கும் பொழுது குழந்தைகள் தூக்கத்தில் சிரிக்குமாம்... ... குழந்தைகளை தெய்வங்கள் ஆசிர்வதிக்கின்றனவா அல்லது தெய்வங்களை குழந்தைகள் ஆசிர்வதிக்கின்றனவா?!"                                                           - ராஜேஸ்  (Children talk to themselves; And play with themselves; like this universe; which created itself; from void by a bing bang) (Life makes us doubt; close relatives and dear friends; but children keep smiling at even strangers) (Are babies blessed by Gods Or; babies by blessing bless Gods)