Skip to main content

What I miss in America....!

Emptiness is something always follows us a shadow in our life. Soonya of Buddha or Maya of AdiSankara has some representations of this emptiness. We feel the emptiness lots of times in lots of ways. When we think so much deep about life we can see how hollow and empty it is. A hopeless situation or a thought about death or a depressing news or just thinking about past or future can bring the feeling of instability or emptiness to mind. Normally we all don't want to get in to the philosophical or so called worrying mood. Whenever something concerns us we escape from that. We call the escape as relaxation or beating the boredom. If we don't do that everybody will become an enlightened like Buddha! (Nobody is ready to take that risk!) I also used to do lot of stuff to beat the boredom in India. Lot of them are quality stuff away from the spoilers like TV & Cinema. I like all religious places, especially old ones. In my native place, I used to go to old temples and sit in the Prahara watching the birds from nandhavana chirping. I like sitting in the theppakulam looking at the fishes and insects. If there is no company I used to study books and write poems sitting there. I used to go to relatives houses and spend time with them chatting and playing. I like visiting places & temples that has historical background like Kumbakonam, Madurai, Tanjore, Trichy. (Actually I belong that area...!) Although biased I like the morning newspaper "The Hindu" very much. I used to study lots of small circulatory literature magazines and chat about them with literary friends. I have a lots of things that filled me positively in India with quality time. Other than my family and few other things there is nothing here to fill my mind positively. Now I can beat the boredom with all negative things like watching movies, browsing, shopping etc., arbitrarily. After knowing and tasting everything that is best in TamilNadu, It is too difficult to miss them altogether. The Indian way of living does not match up here. Whatever quality things I miss, there is no reach for me to go and fill that vacuum in America. A popular zen saying is "An empty vessel has more value, because it can be filled". Only after coming here I realise how many good and quality things I miss in India. In terms of tourist places India has many & many... the only problem is they are not well maintained or promoted. There are lot of wonderful places to visit in India.... 108 Dhivya Desams in Tamilnadu, Dhawaraka, Agra, Poori, Ajanta & Ellora, Badrinath, Gaya, Pandaripuram, Moonaru, Kumaragam, Hyderabad and lots more. America made me empty so that I can fill myself when I go back to India.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is no God. But still I Pray...

1. Who is God? Simple. God is an imaginary and cultural entity! No God in the world sprang up suddenly. There is a real story behind every God. Believe it or not...Gods too evolved and progressed, influenced each other... Story of religions is a simple example. For that I need to elaborate about the Gods of West and later East. The concept of "prophet" and "son of God" is an example. Judaism is one of the oldest of all religions. It is the first to introduce the concept of prophet/son of God. Moses liberated Jewish slaves from the clutches of Egyptian Imperialism. It is believed that he received ten commandments from God and he is a blessed one. And the concept of prophet/son of God starts here. Great culture of Egypt believed in multiple Gods, it is no wonder that their slaves believed in one God and expected a liberator an exact opposite to their master's belief. Now large number of Jews live around the world. Israel is a Jewish nation. Their important book

Shame to be a man

I have been always proud of being a man. I used to believe that as a man I am mentally and physically strong. I always had a strong male ego. I used to have the same mentality towards women like everybody used to have from my part of world. As everybody I was brought up in a way that made me believe that as a man I am above women. The flawed society in various forms like mass media "cinema" reinforced the concept again & again. Like most of the men I saw them inferior, sex icons, weak, dependent, less-intelligent...etc., etc ., The moment of realisation... I always proud of being a man till that very moment of realisation struck in my mind. This stuff is personal, but not really a personal one. Here is that very moment... My wife was carrying a baby baby. One night she told that baby is kicking... It is the first time she is feeling it so strong...I laid my hands on her stomach to feel the baby...my baby hit my hands...he was moving & shaking inside...I felt like cry

குழந்தைகளின் புன்னகை பூ....

[I dedicate all these below poems to my kutty papa Jagan. He started smiling at people's faces! ] தமக்கு தாமே பேசி சிரித்து கொள்கின்றன குழந்தைகள் .... தன்னை தானே படைத்துக் கொண்ட இந்த பிரபஞ்சம் போல ... " "நெருங்கிப் பழகிய நட்புகளையும் நீண்ட நாள் சொந்தங்களையும் சந்தேகத்தில் வைத்து விடுகிறது வாழ்க்கை .... குழந்தைகளோ அந்நியமான முகங்களையும் பார்த்துச் சிரிக்கின்றன... " "காரணம் சொன்னார்கள்... கனவில் தெய்வங்கள் வந்து ஆசிர்வதிக்கும் பொழுது குழந்தைகள் தூக்கத்தில் சிரிக்குமாம்... ... குழந்தைகளை தெய்வங்கள் ஆசிர்வதிக்கின்றனவா அல்லது தெய்வங்களை குழந்தைகள் ஆசிர்வதிக்கின்றனவா?!"                                                           - ராஜேஸ்  (Children talk to themselves; And play with themselves; like this universe; which created itself; from void by a bing bang) (Life makes us doubt; close relatives and dear friends; but children keep smiling at even strangers) (Are babies blessed by Gods Or; babies by blessing bless Gods)