Skip to main content

Tech touch !!!




A small incident changed the way I perceive technology and also gave me unusual new friend. I used to think technology as heartless before that. I used to see it as both Hero and  Villain.
As soon as our roads are heavily motorized a lot our generations became cardiac, diabetic or metabolic patient. As soon as TV became household in 1990’s social interactions got reduced.
Are these smart phones  boon or ban?! it throws a lot of stuff at us and becomes a stupid distraction! At the same time it is in the core of lot of cutting edge technology services offering essential stuff.
But rarely Technology plays complete savior role. Recently I realized the same and led to an accidental friendship with an auto driver.
I was searching for an auto at the entrance urgently to catch my train to native.
I saw this lean auto guy approaching me. He talked very polite and told that he will put meter. I did not give a thought and boarded the auto wondering did he say really about meter. I was thinking whether to ask or not. But finally asked.
“Boss.. what happened to you.. first what made you put meter. and top of that how come not extra charging over the meter”.
He smiled and showed me his cell phone screen. I saw an smart phone app. It screen displayed a queue of people looking for an auto.
He chuckled “Sir. I saw you searching for an auto. You looked very urgent. Hence I thought to help you and did not take an App booking!”
I told “Boss.. you have a kind heart. You don’t ask over the meter yet even you know I am looking to catch my train urgently”.
He smiled. “Sir.. Situations makes us villains. Even I was overcharging months ago before using this internet app bookings”
He explained that he is making 3 times more money because of app booking. He also started to pay his auto loan dues regularly. He told that he will be the owner of his auto in 6 months.
When I was nearing my destination he showed me the smart phone screen. He already had 4 bookings. He clicked accept on a long distance ride and told me that he can make more money with that route. I was really impressed . I got down from auto and paid him as per meter. Same time I was pondering phone over a WhatsApp message. 
Then I saw the auto returning back. “Sir.. You paid me huge amount by mistake”
Seeing me embarrassed “Sir.. I think you were checking something very important in your phone and missed to see that you put 1000 rupees note instead of 100 rupees”. I handed over correct amount.
I smiled at him .”No Boss… I seriously have nothing important in my phone.. nothing life changing...nothing useful like your phone... every time you see your phone screen you make money for your family .. but I lose precious family time... I feel jealous of you..”
He laughed out loud then told “Sir.. my stand is at your tech park entrance.. I used to think that you all guys make all these big things.. hence my life changed..”
I felt happy in his words. ”Yes Boss.. We do… we work on many stuff which touches lives”
We shook our hands and I parted away for my train. After that we interacted many times and had cups of tea.
Now I have a good auto friend whose life is touched by technology and gave me a realization how it can transform people simply!!!
(Special thanks for my friend Renjit Nadh for providing a nice sketch for this blog!!!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is no God. But still I Pray...

1. Who is God? Simple. God is an imaginary and cultural entity! No God in the world sprang up suddenly. There is a real story behind every God. Believe it or not...Gods too evolved and progressed, influenced each other... Story of religions is a simple example. For that I need to elaborate about the Gods of West and later East. The concept of "prophet" and "son of God" is an example. Judaism is one of the oldest of all religions. It is the first to introduce the concept of prophet/son of God. Moses liberated Jewish slaves from the clutches of Egyptian Imperialism. It is believed that he received ten commandments from God and he is a blessed one. And the concept of prophet/son of God starts here. Great culture of Egypt believed in multiple Gods, it is no wonder that their slaves believed in one God and expected a liberator an exact opposite to their master's belief. Now large number of Jews live around the world. Israel is a Jewish nation. Their important book

Shame to be a man

I have been always proud of being a man. I used to believe that as a man I am mentally and physically strong. I always had a strong male ego. I used to have the same mentality towards women like everybody used to have from my part of world. As everybody I was brought up in a way that made me believe that as a man I am above women. The flawed society in various forms like mass media "cinema" reinforced the concept again & again. Like most of the men I saw them inferior, sex icons, weak, dependent, less-intelligent...etc., etc ., The moment of realisation... I always proud of being a man till that very moment of realisation struck in my mind. This stuff is personal, but not really a personal one. Here is that very moment... My wife was carrying a baby baby. One night she told that baby is kicking... It is the first time she is feeling it so strong...I laid my hands on her stomach to feel the baby...my baby hit my hands...he was moving & shaking inside...I felt like cry

குழந்தைகளின் புன்னகை பூ....

[I dedicate all these below poems to my kutty papa Jagan. He started smiling at people's faces! ] தமக்கு தாமே பேசி சிரித்து கொள்கின்றன குழந்தைகள் .... தன்னை தானே படைத்துக் கொண்ட இந்த பிரபஞ்சம் போல ... " "நெருங்கிப் பழகிய நட்புகளையும் நீண்ட நாள் சொந்தங்களையும் சந்தேகத்தில் வைத்து விடுகிறது வாழ்க்கை .... குழந்தைகளோ அந்நியமான முகங்களையும் பார்த்துச் சிரிக்கின்றன... " "காரணம் சொன்னார்கள்... கனவில் தெய்வங்கள் வந்து ஆசிர்வதிக்கும் பொழுது குழந்தைகள் தூக்கத்தில் சிரிக்குமாம்... ... குழந்தைகளை தெய்வங்கள் ஆசிர்வதிக்கின்றனவா அல்லது தெய்வங்களை குழந்தைகள் ஆசிர்வதிக்கின்றனவா?!"                                                           - ராஜேஸ்  (Children talk to themselves; And play with themselves; like this universe; which created itself; from void by a bing bang) (Life makes us doubt; close relatives and dear friends; but children keep smiling at even strangers) (Are babies blessed by Gods Or; babies by blessing bless Gods)